Like many gamers, you probably have many gaming devices in your living room – a PC, a game console, and maybe a couple of handhelds. But if you’re also like many gamers, you might not have enough ports to connect all of them at once! That’s where Oculus Quest comes in – it’s a standalone VR headset that doesn’t need to be connected to any other devices to work!
In this article, we’ll show you how to connect Oculus Quest 2 to your PS4 so that you can start playing games immediately!
Set up your Oculus Quest
To connect your Oculus Quest headset to your PlayStation 4, you will first need to set up your Oculus Quest. To do this, follow these steps:
- Plug the Oculus Quest headset into an outlet and wait until it begins to boot up.
- Once your Oculus Quest is booted up, open the Oculus Quest home screen by pressing the Home button on your PlayStation 4 controller.
- Click on the App Store icon in the top-left corner of the home screen.
- Click on the Games icon in the bottom-left corner of the App Store screen.
- Scroll down and click on “Oculus Quest.”
- On the “Oculus Quest” page, click on “Install.”
- Click on “Accept License Agreement” and then click “Install.”
- Once “Oculus Quest” is installed, click on “Open.”
Now that “Oculus Quest” is installed, you need to configure it to work with your PlayStation 4.
Connect your Oculus Quest to your PlayStation 4
If you want to play games on your Oculus Quest, you first need to connect it to your PlayStation 4. Here are the steps to do that:
- Turn on your Oculus Quest and your PlayStation 4.
- Go to the “Oculus Home” screen on your Oculus Quest.
- Select “Connect.”
- Enter your PlayStation 4’s IP address in the “Hostname” field and click “Connect.”
- Your Oculus Quest and PlayStation 4 should now be connected. You can now start playing games!
Play Oculus Quest Games on your PlayStation 4
You need to connect the two devices if you want to play Oculus Quest games on your PlayStation 4.
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the “Settings” menu on your PlayStation 4 console.
- Select “System Settings.”
- Under “Console,” select “Oculus.”
- Under “Oculus Quest,” like “Connect.”
- Enter your Oculus Quest username and password. You will now be able to play Oculus Quest games on your PlayStation 4!
How Do I Connect My Oculus Quest 2 to My Playstation 4
Oculus Quest is worth considering if you’re looking to add an additional VR experience to your home entertainment system. But how do you connect it to your PlayStation 4?
To start, ensure that both devices have installed the Oculus Rift software version. Once that’s done, fire up the Oculus Quest app on your PlayStation 4 and select “Connect to Oculus.” You’ll then be prompted to enter your Oculus account details.
Once that’s completed, you’ll be ready to begin playing games in VR! Make sure that the game you’re trying to play supports Oculus Quest (check the game’s compatibility page on PSN) and open the file using the PlayStation VR Media Player.